A Bump In The Road

While in the process of post production, I would like to discuss what Clara and I's plan is for the next along with some minor problems we faced with their projected solutions. 

For starters, in our initial plan, there was a scene in between the still shots of the objects and the interrogation scene. In this scene, this is where the audience would have first met Hallie and Alex, walking down the hallway just before they enter the interrogation room. In both the blocking and dialogue of this scene, it would have been really nice to introduce our characters to the audience this way. Further background would have been established very nicely and Hallie and Alex's dynamic would have been very quickly identified. We had already faced an issue regarding this scene prior to now when we changed the hallway location. Since we filmed this scene in the multi-purpose room of the library, it had a different layout then anticipated so it had to be re-blocked including figuring out where to put the camera and mic. However, our problem now is that there is really not enough time within our limit to fit this scene in our opening. We have too much dialogue in our interrogation scene that we really cannot afford to take out in order to keep the plot making sense. With the footage we are working with, it would be most logical just to cut as sad as it is but we just don't have enough time. I feel like I am losing a part of me since I created this scene from the ground up but I know this is one of the many things that happen all the time in this industry and I just have to hope that everything still works out. Here is some raw footage from that scene that most likely won't make it :( but we will keep her in our thoughts!

(ignore the watermark, I had to use a website to compress the original footage because it was too large to include on my blog post) 

Our next issue is music. We have contacted everyone we can possibly find who may be related back one way or another to our song choices that we really had our hearts set on using. Not a single person has responded back to us. With the time we have left we are really unsure of what we can do. We feel that the only choice we have left is to select something from the royalty free library that youtube provides us. I'm hoping it won't make a huge difference to our production but I know at least to me, how big of an impact music has on film. I am hoping that our scenes with music will still be as intriguing and as impactful even though the song won't be as popular or familiar. 

Lastly, one of the last things we have to do in putting our film together is coming up with a production name. This may sound as if it is something that we can just easily come up with, but like everything else, we really like to put a lot of thought into it. Clara and I really don't like taking the easy way out as it can probably be observed from these past blogs. In addition to the production name itself, we want to see if we can come up with a little animation to go with the title like other popular production company names that we all see at the beginning of movies. 

At this point, we have finished editing a rough draft of our film opening which I won't share yet but given all of the bumps in the road, I'd say we are handling all of these inconveniences with grace. I really just wish things worked out for us, it would be a lot easier wouldn't it? Anyway, I am now in the process of beginning my CCR for The Reid Technique so I will definitely be keeping you updated with that. I think what I will do is make a powerpoint and figure out how to attach voice recordings (I told you I wasn't tech savy). I have to admit, I am a little nervous for this part just because I know it is going to be difficult to compile everything I have to say in a single powerpoint or video but I'll figure it out, I always do. 

I'm going to leave you on a high note with a blooper from our first day of filming. This was one of our hundred takes LOL (once again, don't mind the watermark, I had to compress the footage): 


I feel that it is a really good idea to show these behind the scenes/outtakes/bloopers of our production. It really gives some insight into our train of thought and how things really worked for us, enjoy!

(Week 7: 3/21-3/27, post 3)

Comments

Popular Posts