Like Music To My Ears!

After way longer than anticipated.... drum roll please..... no one has replied to us in regards to letting Clara and I use the music we initially wanted. Yes, this sucks. However, we did find new possible song options that we can use as a replacement that are royalty free! This means that we do not need permission or copyright allowance to use these specific songs provided to us through Youtube Audio Library. Although I am happy that we have found options and are now able to complete our opening, I am very sad that it couldn't be the music I had my heart set on. From the beginning of this blog, I am sure it has been established that I am a very musical person, hell, I did an entire case study on the musical genre. I am a firm believer of the fact that music greatly impacts film which is why I had such specific songs in mind to perfect match Clara and I's film introduction. I believe both the lyricism and the theme of the songs went so well with our film which is why we wanted to use them. While I am still hoping that this new music is able to impact my film as much as it can, I will miss what my film opening could have been and I hope it won't hinder me too greatly. 

In replacement of the song Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want This Time by The Smiths, Clara and I have found a song called Blood Red Sun by Thriving Seas. Much like The Smiths, this is an indie pop band so the music genre is generally the same. In terms of the meaning, we felt that these this songs had an eerie feeling to it, perfectly setting up the intended vibes. Listen to it here: 


Our other song, that would have been Hit Me With Your Best Shot by Pat Benatar has now been replaced with I Can't Let You Go by John Runefelt. Clara found this one and sent it to me and we both fell in love with it. Even though it isn't exactly what we wanted, we both felt that the words matched so perfectly with the gist of our film opening. How our film's Hallie and Alex just couldn't let go of the case until they finally cracked it. Listen to it right here: 


The only issue with the song is that we wanted seamlessly fade the song into the scene so that by the time the blackout happens at the end, the chorus would be playing loudly. With this song in particular, it is pretty much impossible to fade into it as we wanted but we are still working out the editing. We finally added these songs into our opening in post production and we love how it looks! Of course, I'll miss what it could have been with our initial song choices, but I am thankful we found these and I am glad they are close to a perfect fit! We have now finished our most recent draft and are just making very final touches to our opening! Stay tuned :)

(Week 8: 3/28-4/3, post 1)

Comments

Popular Posts