Post-Production Thoughts

It is so beyond crazy how fast everything happened. It felt like yesterday Clara and I were in a panic to come up with everything and were having doubts on our ideas. Now, we wrapped filming and are in the final stages of this portfolio project. We aren't even finished yet and may I just say, what a journey. My love for writing, directing and acting have grown immensely, I can only hope this is what I do for the rest of my life. Once we wrapped filming with Sabrina and Mia, Clara and I got some other shots to be used before the interrogation scene. This included some filler shots of typing, drawing on a white board, note pads, an establishing shot of the police department and of course the dunkin donuts and coffee. We felt these scenes would be really important to add not only to fit the style of the opening that we wanted but to really give further background to our opening scene. Here is some raw footage that we got from that: 





It was such a surreal experience and I loved every minute of it. I loved creating our schedule and finalizing everything, it felt like a puzzle being put together perfectly. Seeing the script being translated onto a storyboard and the storyboard being brought to life with my friends and I was almost a dream come true. It was so fun to be able to block scenes and direct, making camera choice, tone and dialogue choices, put together costuming and everything else. I really felt like myself, I felt that this is what I was meant to do. Once we got all of the shots we needed, Clara uploaded all of the footage from the SD card to a folder on google drive so we could look over all of our shots. We separated them into three parts, footage from before the interrogation, shots from day one of filming, and shots from day two of filming. 

For now, we are keeping all of our footage just in case we need anything from any shot to be used because we learned from our music video project not to delete anything unless we are positive we will not want to use it. Clara is the mastermind in editing this film introduction because I am nowhere near as tech savy as she is however, I will be giving direction every step of the way as we put our masterpiece together. We are editing on Adobe Premiere and I will be sure to give updates as we continue! For now, we will be going by how everything was put together in our story board and make changes to the actual film introduction when necessary. I am so happy with all of the progress we have made and I can't wait to see the finished product. 

(Week 7: 3/21-3/27, post 2)

Comments

Popular Posts