CCR Creation

Good Morning blog!

Our time is coming to a close and because of that, it is time for me to begin my Creative Critical Reflection or my CCR. I have to admit, this part of the project scares me a little bit. This film introduction was truly a child of mine and I don't know how I will be able to compile everything that runs through my mind into cohesive, human, thoughts and in a timely fashion on top of it. I know there is so much I want to say but I also know my time will be limited. In order to at least try to maintain a train of thought, I thought it would be a good idea to type myself up a script for a voiceover that I will be using. Right below is a screenshot of the Google Doc that I made. Here is where I will be typing up my script, this is what I have so far!

Although I have to actually put together the CCR, I feel that this will definitely help me be more organized so I have an idea of when I will talk about what. I think for my CCR what I will most likely do is a screencast that I can put together on I Movie to really have a nice and more fluid visual component. If I don't end up doing that, then I will be putting together a power point and included my voiceover there. I have planned to put together my CCR on Saturday, 4/2/22. I will keep you guys updated with the process! 

Edit: While on the topic of my CCR, I think it is important to briefly discuss something. And I do say brief for the reason being that I will go much further into detail within my actual CCR presentation so stay tuned for that! But, what I would like to address is why our film title, The Reid Technique, will be shown at the end of our opening rather than at any other point. From the beginning, Clara and I wanted our film opening to somewhat mirror similar films within our genre in order to fit the convention. An example of this would have been the Knives Out film opening which I have posted on my blog in the past. However, our reasoning goes much deeper than that which I will discuss right now. If our film title had been placed at the beginning, Clara and I came to a strong agreement that it would leave our audience confused. The Reid Technique was strategically chosen based off of the dynamic between our two main protagonists, Hallie and Alex. Their relationship being "good cop/bad cop" in addition to the literal strategy they use to crack their cases throughout the course of this hypothetical movie is quite literally the definition of our chosen title. If our title was displayed before the scene of our opening, we don't think it would make sense. In terms of placing our title somewhere in the middle, why? would? we? do? that? So that leaves us with placing it at the end, going perfectly with our black out that I have also mentioned in previously. I feel that since our introduction is a cold open style, simply establishing the dynamic between the characters in addition to a general setting, there isn't a "complete" feeling with the closure of it. I believe that if we added another scene after our title appears it wouldn't make sense because that cut off is the conclusion of our opening. Meaning, that after our title, the rest of our movie would open in a completely different scene, not necessarily connected to the "problem" introduced in our opening; once again, like Knives Out. In addition to that, I feel that some amazing movies use this style of opening such as Guardians of the Galaxy, Nobody, and once again Knives Out

(Week 8: 3/28-4/1, post 3)

Comments

Popular Posts