The Final Countdown

 Hello blog!

I feel that we are in the last leg of a race, nearing the end of this project and I am almost sad about it. The way that time has flown by these past eight weeks has been absolutely insane. As we wrap on post-production, Clara and I have basically picked at our film opening left and right in an attempt to perfect every minuscule detail. Since we wrapped production the first day of spring break, we had given our self PLENTY of time to perfect everything in post production which I am so grateful for. Rather than having to rush putting all of the footage together, we were able to strategically put everything in it's place. We are so fortunate that we had so much time for error and boy did we use it. Given the week and a half that we had to put our introduction together, we were able to pick at every little detail we noticed just because we had time to do so. At this point in post production, Clara and I have created probably over 10 drafts, each a little different than the one before. I must say, I am very picky but I know in the end we will be SO happy that we only wanted the best for ourselves. 

Here is a screenshot of one of our drafts in the process of being edited

At the beginning of editing, it was more big stuff like cutting entire scenes and completely changing our music. But once everything was pretty much finalized and we just had time to keep relooking over everything, the changes became much more smaller. We would rearrange different shots so they would make better sense in the order they were in. We would also replace different shots which a different variation of the take just because we thought it looked better. There was also a part in our opening where we had footage from unused scenes so we were able to use them as reaction shots in different parts of the opening. Long story short we are done, we are just cleaning it up a bit more before our time is up. On another note, we came up with a production name for our production company producing The Reid Technique! (yet another minor detail) After so much thought, we finally landed on the name Moonwaltz Productions! I think it sounds so cool. I was brainstorming a bunch of random words that wouldn't classically go together but would sound good together and having the film oriented brain that I do, subconsciously "came up" with Sundance, I know, you don't have to tell me. I immediately remembered that Sundance most definitely already exists and is one of the most famous film festivals within the industry. After that realization, my brain moved on. I decided it would be a good way to pay my respects to the industry by doing a little play on words and making our production name Moonwaltz... do you get it now? Now I have a little piece of Sundance wherever I go! We just have to design a logo and drop it at the beginning or end of our film introduction. How exciting!

(Week 8: 3/28-4/1, post 2)

Comments

Popular Posts